The giant e-commerce website, Amazon has announced its desire to employ Nigerians in various offices. The company has mentioned its search for software developers who are based in Lagos and every part of Nigeria that is willing to relocate to the United States, Canada, and Ireland.
According to the firm, the global e-commerce giant is making moves to establish a giant market space in Nigeria. Its operation is set to commence in the coming year, 2023. Interested candidates must be grounded and must be able to fix technical issues relating to backend and frontend services. In this regard, he or she must have the ability to build and design highly distributed systems to scale and solve problems.
Amazon Extends Its Branch to Nigeria
The firm seeks someone of high caliber and an expert in software engineering to provide great personal satisfaction and career development as they tackle some of the most intriguing problems encountered in software architecture design and building highly scalable services.
The company is on plans to build software that will primarily serve and focus on growing businesses and customers for decades to come. On the mission of expanding its tentacles, the company chooses Nigeria among other countries to be part of the beneficiary of its expansion.
The positions that are vacant and up for opening include:
- Enterprise account managers.
- Start-up segment leaders.
- Senior partner sales managers.
- Associate solutions architect, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA).
- Startup scaling team.
- Amazon web services (AWS) startups.
In order to qualify and fit into these offices, candidates are required to have the following amongst other requirements.
- At least a year experience in contributing to the system or architectural design to solve problems.
- A minimum of two years of experience in non-internship professional software development.
- A vast knowledge of at least one programming software language.
- Excellent technical communication skills with co-workers and non-technical workers.
- Adequate knowledge in professional software engineering practices.
- Experience in full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Must be able to work with Spring, MVC frameworks, REST, or RPC API design and development.
8.The ability to take a project from scratch to the actual launch of the project.
The date of the interview has been scheduled to be the 1st to 5th of August 2022 in Lagos state Nigeria. Amazon will be a competitor for another e-commerce platform in Nigeria and will help reduce the rate of unemployment.